UserBoxZ Forum Index

UserBoxZ
The Original Home of The Next Generation Userbars
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
NEWS: What is a UserBox??? -- READ if ur new
jPHat
UBXz Site Admin
UBXz Site Admin

UBXz Points
What are userboxz? And what's up with the 'z'?

Technical Definition:
A userbox is a 50px width, 125px height graphical bar/box to depict/imply an interest/passion for a particular thing, place, or object.

It is descendant of the userbar family, kind of. It all started about 3 or 4 months ago when ub.com was down for whatever reason. Well, I went to this other forum that I had been getting downloads from and started fulfilling graphics requests. I saw this guy have some things in his sig I had never seen before (see here), so I pm'd him and asked him what they were called. He said that they didn't have a name and the he used them on his website. Well, a couple of months have gone by, and I see this post about "Next Generation" userbars. Then, that sparked the memory of these little things. I decided to post one of those and the rest is history (hopefully in a good way). I asked for help naming them since I couldn't come up with anything creative, and userbox was the catchiest one that was suggested, so I went with that.

When looking to host this forum. I looked at domain names, and userbox.com was already taken (well it's for sale for like $300, but who wants to pay that). Userboxes just doesn't look cool, so userboxz it is!

Examples of UserBoxZ:
allwazabsnt wrote:

bubu13 wrote:

Deoxys wrote:

ransoft2004 wrote:

jPHat wrote:

Smokeh wrote:

NEWS: What is a UserBox??? -- READ if ur new